Monday, July 4, 2011

Well, let's see how this goes...

I got the idea to make this blog after seeing how other writers on FFN used them as publicity of sorts, and to let the readers know how they are coming on their stories. That is the purpose of my little blog. If you're here, I'm going to assume that you read my fanfiction. For that, I thank you! I would be nothing without your support. If you just happened across this blog, then I'm going to be a review whore and beg you to read my work. You can reach my fanfiction here.

I write for the following fandoms: "The Phantom of the Opera," my eternal love; "Sherlock Holmes," my newest addiction; and "Les Miserables." I got into writing through "Avatar: The Last Airbender." Actually, my original username on FFN was Avatarlover1. I have recently left that fandom for good, in order to pursue my others.

With that said, I would love to discuss the ideas I'm working on right now. My biggest project is "Found," (I'm hoping to re-title it soon) a Sherlock Holmes modern-day fic, with a female Watson. It's been relatively well received, and I have lots of ideas for upcoming chapters. I am trying to stick to canon- so far, Holmes has investigated the "Study in Scarlet." Oh, did I mention that he's a high-schooler from my home town?

I always try to include Marion, Ohio in my stories somehow. It's not a very well-known place, but I love it nonetheless. There's so much history! We happen to be the hometown of President Warren G. Harding, and the Popcorn Capital of the world! The characters even attend my high school, Marion Harding High.

My other projects include "Second Chances," a Phantom of the Opera fic, and two series of "Les Miserables" one-shots. "Second Chances" is a modern-day follow-up to Phantom, but with a twist: Erik and Raoul have been granted a second chance by the Angel of Music, and are engaged in trying to win over the reincarnation of Christine. The issue? She's an engaged woman of the 21st century who has no desire to be with either of them.

My "Les Miz" stories are based on both the book and the current U.S. Tour, which is absolutely fantastic! I focus primarily on my favorite characters: Grantaire, Javert, Enjolras, Eponine, and Marius. Yes, I LOVE Marius! He's so sweet! Come to think of it, I also adore Raoul...

I'm also planning on doing the LJ challenge, "A Mere Appendix." Aleine Skyfire over at FFN did it in her story, "At the Mercy of the Mind." Read it! Right now! She has published it for the Amazon Kindle. I highly recommend buying it- the FFN version only has 50 one-shots. The completed book has 100. And all of them are amazing! But I digress. I want to try my hand at it- and while I'm well aware mine won't be nearly as good as hers, it seems like a load of fun.

That's it for now. I'll try and update at least once a week, to let you guys know what's going on. I will also continue to post important links. On my FFN profile, I have a list of all the websites I frequent, and links to my pages at each of them. Feel free to contact me, and my email address is on my FFN page as well.

One more thing... You may be wondering why my blog is called "A Wandering Mind." It's a play on my favorite song from Phantom, "Wandering Child." My FFN username is WanderingChild96. But you can call me Kathleen.

XOXO,
Kathleen L.

No comments:

Post a Comment