Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Update to "Second Chances"

Hey, everyone! Last night, I got to work on "Second Chances," and have posted chapter 10. Please check it out! Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that I am also working on the sequel to my fic, "The Ring", with fellow writer I 4 2 Write. She is currently writing chapter 8, but you reach the rest of the story here. "The Ring" is a time-travel story, in which I (it's a self-insert) come into possession of a time-travel ring, and venture back to the 1880's to meet Erik. Hilarity ensues as I try to balance my life in the past and the present- and to keep it secret from my jealous ex-boyfriend.

"Another Story," the sequel, is more of a follow-up, in which Erik has died and I become Lon Chaney's acting coach. Of course, he thinks I'm just a crazy old woman... until we find another ring, and he has the once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet his character.

EDIT: I 4 2 Write sent me the new chapter today, so here it is! 

For each blog post I write, I would like to recommend a great fanfic I've found. Today, I'd like to tell you about "The Sound of Bees" by Medorikoi. It's a rather long one-shot, but so full of emotion that it's guaranteed to make you cry. If you like Holmes/Watson slash, and romances like "The Notebook," then you are sure to enjoy this story.

On another note, I've decided on the plot of my first one-shot for the "A Mere Appendix" challenge. I'm using the second prompt table. The first prompt is 'desperate,' and what do you think of this? It starts with a flashback to the death of Holmes' mother. Then, it transcends into Holmes at Watson's bedside. Watson has caught the flu from one of his patients, and isn't doing well at all. Holmes desperately prays for him to recover and... well, I'll leave the end a secret.

That's it for now. I am going to work on "Found" tonight. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to re-title it?

EDIT: Just posted the new chapter of Found. Holmes and Watson have a really weird morning in "A Scandal in Bohemia."

XOXO,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment